Waterfall Angels on Facebook

Our rainbow Samuel Thomas Goldthorpe

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I got an Honest Scrap award


I was given the Honest Scrap Award from Jennifer over at The Blue Sparrow. This award is given to blogs that write honestly and from the depth of their soul. So thank you so much Jennifer for the recognition.

There are a couple of rules to accepting the award. Firstly is to pass the award on to 7 other bloggers, and secondly to list 10 honest and hopefully interesting things about yourself.

The following are blogs that I read and find comfort in the words and feelings written. All have walked or are just beginning their walk down the road of recovering from the loss of thier precious babies. Here are the 7 Blogs that I consider worthy of the award;

My Journey to Myles and Beyond to Surrogacy - http://myjourneytomylesandbeyond.blogspot.com/

I love you to the moon and back
http://mooooonandback.blogspot.com/

My Forever family
http://my4evababies.blogspot.com/

My journey
http://myjourney-brycesmummy.blogspot.com/

The journey of a ruby baby
http://rubybaby09.blogspot.com/

Nicholas’ touch
http://nicholastouch.blogspot.com/

I’m trying to live with the loss of 2 babies within 10 months
http://imtryingangie.blogspot.com/


Ten honest and interesting things about me:

1) I can make anyone laugh or smile, when I want to.

2) I hate to cook, but I can cook. I’m so glad that Jonathan understands. I will cook on occasion and if Jasper had stayed with us I would have cooked a lot more.

3) I love to take pictures of anything. My biggest thing these days are cloud formations, especially storm clouds. Usually if I see something I like I take a picture of it.

4) I have an all black cat named Jackie “O”. The O is for Onasis. She acts just like her. LOL!

5) I love to travel. Jonathan and I have driven through 22 states most of them several times in America since we have been together.

6) I collect rocks from everywhere that I have visited. States, state parks, ETC. I don’t even have them labeled, but I can tell you where they are all from.

7) I’m the oldest of 4 girls (2 are half sisters on my dad’s side), and one brother. I’m also the oldest grandchild on both my mom and dad’s side. I have 5 nephews and 4 nieces.

8) I never stop thinking of Jasper ever. Everything that has happened in the last 6 months and the fact that he should be here right now. I sleep with his one and only toy which is the Bear that I made for him at Build A Bear and his blanket is under my pillow.

9) I’m obsessed with reading vampire novels ever since I have seen and read twilight. Ever since I lost Jasper 6 months ago I have read 20 on my 21st vampire novel. I guess it helps me escape to a fantasy life.

10) I’m a purse/bagaholic. I have over 2oo bags most of them are cheapies from Kmart, Target, Walmart, Etc. I have 1 coach going to be 2 sometime soon and 3 Dooney & Bourke’s.

Thank you to everyone for your amazing support. HUGS!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your award. I love purses too! When you mentioned the rocks I thought of Lucille Ball in the "Long, Long, Trailer." Have you ever seen it? God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing a little bit about you Lisa....the Lisa beyond Jasper, and your pain.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sleep with my Ashlyn's hat under my pillow too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Wow, I bet you get some great pics of those clouds. I've been reading lots of vampire novels too!!!!

    ReplyDelete