Waterfall Angels on Facebook

Our rainbow Samuel Thomas Goldthorpe

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 1, 2010

March of Dimes

I have been trying to write this post now for almost a week now; I tried every single day that I was off work since the day that I walked for the March of Dimes. We did real good I had originally set my goal to raise $250, but after all was said and done I raised $300. I want to thank each and every person who was able to donate to Jasper’s walk for The March of Dimes. When we got there I was beside myself to see how many people where there. I have no idea what made me think that it was going to be smaller, but I did. When I signed up to walk I never even thought about the NICU Grads until a fellow blog member brought it up in one of her posts. Truthfully, I’m really glad she did otherwise I would have been freaking out when I got there. I had time to process it all and thought I would be ready for it, but actually you can never be ready for something like that. Ever!

There was one NICU Grad there that made me think about everything we went through with Jasper. The little guy was about the age Jasper should be right now. The team for him was wearing shirts with his age (1 year old), how early he was born (16 weeks early), and his weight (1 pound 1 ounce). What is upsetting to me in a huge way is the fact that he was only 4 ounces bigger then Jasper. Now, I don’t know how the doctors or nurses treated the parents or that little boy, but they treated us like Jasper would never survive. Even before I had to have the emergency c-section they kept telling me over and over that Jasper would not make it, it is too early. Blah! Blah! Blah! When Jasper was born it was like they didn’t even care what they where doing because they had it in their heads he would never survive anyway. I have convinced my self that they just didn’t care at all. I am and will always be grateful for the amount of time I did get to spend with Jasper.

The place where we walked was absolutely stunning. Click here to see the pictures.


Every month for the past year I have been getting a How do you feed your baby survey in the mail and I just usually just shred it. This month I didn’t I opened it to see if there was an email or number to call to get them to stop sending this to me, but there wasn’t. So, what I did was wrote in nice big letters on the front was “Please stop sending me these my baby passed away and getting these every month is a real nasty reminder.” I wonder what the person’s face looked like when he/she opened it and read it.

3 comments:

  1. I know how painful going to the mailbox can be. I wish there was a way to just have the mailman filter everything that arrives. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mail....oh the mail....my friend and I feel like we could make enough to end world hunger if we could just figure out how to STOP THE BABY MAIL.

    Congrats on the great $ for MOD! I'm so, so sorry that Jasper's doctors didn't even give you the compassion of a little hope. Bless your heart. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated the mail and the phone. I wish the hospitals sent out the information of a loss just like they do for a birth just to help the Babyloss Community.

    ReplyDelete