Waterfall Angels on Facebook

Our rainbow Samuel Thomas Goldthorpe

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My first two days back at work (short version)

Yesterday, was very hard. It was my first day back at work and Jasper’s should be 2 month Birthday. I was so scared to go back to work that I could not sleep on Sunday night. It was so hard to leave Jonathan. He has been my rock through out all of this, without him I don’t think I could have survived the death of our son. I cried most of the way to the hospital where I work. I cried walking through the parking lot. It got worse when I walked through the door that just happened to be the door right next to the Maternity part of the hospital and there were people in the waiting room with a baby. I cried a lot yesterday, when I talked to my boss, when I told people about Jasper, the four times they played the song over the loud speaker when a baby is born. I can’t believe I made it through that first day.

Today, was more of a challenge because a girl that is pregnant was working today and it was very hard to see her baby bump. I can’t help being jealous of pregnant women and women with babies because they have everything I’ve wanted for so long. I spent a lot of time today talking about Jasper and answering questions about everything that has happened. It was very hard talking so much about the past eight months, but the more I talked about everything the easier it got to talk about, to a point. I’m no where near being comfortable being back at work, but it’s nice to know that I work with better people at the hospital then the people I worked with at the out patient facility; even though it is very hard to work with so many new mom’s.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment