I will start with the blood clot in Jasper's placenta. What Dr. L told me was that being on Lovenox doesn't necessarily keep you from getting blood clots. In my case what had happened is considered pretty rare. For some reason that we will never know a bleed happened in the placenta and being on the lovenox made it keep bleeding and getting bigger and bigger. The reason why it was never found is because it was actually inside the placenta. He said that the only ones you can really see with a ultrasound is the ones that are in between the placenta and the uterus. It was actually so nice to finally have someone tell me something about this. My old OB wouldn't say anything except that she had no idea and my new one said that my OB probably knew about it, but just didn't want to tell me. I really hope that he won't hold any info from me because I'm so proactive in my health care that I WILL find out.
So, next is Platelet counts. Dr. L pretty much told me that as long as they are still normal then he is not going to worry just yet. On a good note my counts today were 215,000. I still think they are low, but he thought they were good for someone with a blood clotting disorder. Normal range is between 150,000 - 500,000.
Dr. L was pretty worried that I was already trying again without seeing him first. He really wants to have a game plan in order for when I do get pregnant again. So, if I end up not getting pregnant this month then we will be on hold for a while until a game plan is in order. First order of business is to go to Duke university to see a High Risk OB. She specializes in blood clotting disorders in pregnancy and Dr. L says she comes highly recommended. He is wondering on whether or not I should either be on Lovenox while we are trying. He is also wondering on whether or not I should be on a treatment dose of Lovenox when I get pregnant which means it would be based on my weight and would be taken twice a day instead of once. I hope to be seeing the Dr. at Duke real soon; I just have to check insurance info and call Dr. L back up so that he can call her to set up the appointment.
Dr. L is testing me again for the Antiphospholipid syndrome because it is something that could be acquired and not considered genetic. I did talk to him about the Long chain acyl-coa dehydrogenase or LCHAD mutation gene (it is a test that may give a clue as to whether or not I would be more likely to get HELLP again and even if it comes out negative there is still a 15 -20% I will anyway). He pretty much said that we will have the Dr. at Duke decide if I should have it.
I will post about the rest of the day in another post.